Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alex's Application  (Read 563 times)

Alex

• Bronze chain
    • View Profile
Alex's Application
« on: August 29, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
Username: Alex
Time online (screenshot):
I've been online for seven hours thus far.  I know this isn't enough time yet, but I've played countless hours on the previous Tibikra server.  There is also a growing community with not much staff, so I feel it is important for me to apply.
Timezone: EST (UTC -5)
What do you think are five important qualities a Staff member should possess and demonstrate?:
  • Above all, a staff member should be accessible.  Without this, the staff member can't help the community.
  • Honesty is very important.  Both to other staff members, as well as the community the staff serves.
  • Teamwork is vital.  Tibikra is like a giant family.  I think the elder players (including the staff) should try to be leaders and behave in a way that sets a good example for new players.
  • Open-mindedness.  Because staff members have to settle disputes, they should listen to both sides before rushing to a conclusion.
  • Be calm.  Some situations may occur that are frustrating or annoying.  Staff members should not let their emotions interfere with making a calm, reasonable decision.
How many hours can you play a day: Anywhere between 6 and 12.
Previous Experience: I owned 2 servers, as well as moderated/administrated a few others (including being an administrator for Tibikra in the past!).
Why do you think you'll be suitable for this position?:

I believe I have all the attributes I listed above.  I am a unique player:  I play from the United States, which means I'm online playing even when most players are asleep.  This is the time where new players from the US may join the server and need help, or when disputes occur and someone needs to be around to help.  Furthermore, I have a good grasp on the English language, as well as Spanish.  I believe I am calm and open-minded and am able to make good and fair decisions under any circumstances.  I will not put my own player above the well-being of Tibikra (meaning I will not value stats and items more than helping the community).  I'm very accessible and some of you who remember me hopefully can attest to these qualities!  I'm sure if you give me a chance you will not be let down.  Please let me know in this thread if there is anything you have to ask me; I'd be happy to take any questions or concerns.

Are there any issues we should know about?: No.

Shapaklekas

• Administrator
  • Steel Platebody
    • View Profile
Re: Alex's Application
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »
Hello Alex. Sorry for late reply but i was thinking about you whole day. I know you are quite good moderator so i think i will give you a rank in help channel to help others also punish who speaks non english in help cc.